Happy Halloween!! As it’s that time of year I thought I’d share with you some actual CV horror stories from my time in recruitment...
- one candidate included an angry note with his CV saying how rubbish the company was... but still wanted to apply?! 😱
- one job seeker lied about being a pilot (which was not a requirement for the job!) and got found out in the interview 😈
- one candidate included ‘xenophobia’ on their list of interests... but didn’t know what it meant! D’oh! 💀
- one CV I had through was 30 pages long and written in the third person 👽
- one candidate included a photo of themselves on a rollercoaster 👹
- one job seeker used pink italic font which you could barely read 👺
- and I’ve seen countless CVs with no contact details on...! 💩
Funnily enough, none of these people got the job...
Don’t let your CV be a horror story...!
Have you seen my free CV guide yet? Get your CV to the top of the pile: